Marin County Safe Routes to Schools is seeking a dynamic and passionate instructor to teach elementary and middle school students bicycle & pedestrian safety education in schools throughout Marin County. Events are generally scheduled between October through May, with the busiest times in October and April. This position is perfect for someone looking for supplementary work/income, as hours are not consistent or guaranteed. Bilingual in English and Spanish is desired.The majority of time will be spent working in the field at school sites.
Bicycle Safety Education Assistant Instructor Key Responsibilities
- Lead and teach bicycle safety and skills during outdoor bicycle skills/safety courses.
- Work with Bike Education team to set-up outdoor bicycle-skills/safety courses.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, enjoys working with team members and with kids.
- Teaching and/or outdoor education experience with youth.
- Flexible availability – availability before/during/after school hours.
- Knowledge of and/or history working with underserved communities.
- Experience and high-comfort level with cycling for transportation.
- Clear background screening (Live-Scan).
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Safe Routes to Schools and The Marin County Bicycle Coalition.
- Ability to occasionally carry or move equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Physical ability to lift bicycles and education props.
- Ability to frequently stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outside.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation starts at $20 per hour and increases depending on experience. This position starts with a variable number of hours per week during the school year. The position involves traveling within Marin County (mileage is reimbursed). We offer a friendly, fast-paced, flexible work environment. Our staff is focused on making positive changes in the world and supports and celebrates diversity.
How to Apply
Please send a short cover letter and resume outlining your experience and interest in the position to email@example.com. Please put the cover letter in the text of your e-mail. The resume may be attached as a pdf.
Marin County Bicycle Coalition/Safe Routes to Schools is an equal opportunity employer.