Off-Road MCBC Seeks Membership / Volunteer Coordinator
As the ranks of MCBC supporters continue to grow, we are looking for a key staff member to take responsibility for our Membership and Volunteer efforts. They will communicate with new and renewing members, help organize our amazing MCBC volunteers and keep things running smoothly within our database and payment systems.
Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the MCBC Membership & Volunteer Coordinator has three primary responsibilities:
- Manage MCBC’s membership and donor databases and regular communications, mostly through Salesforce. The Coordinator ensures smooth and accurate member/donor transactions through online payment platforms. They team with other staff to grow and engage MCBC’s membership through online outreach, member services, and member engagement. (50%)
- Recruit and manage volunteers to support key MCBC events. Recruitment is accomplished through email outreach and direct calling. Volunteer management responsibilities include preparing volunteers in advance and on the day of events like Biketoberfest and the Dirt Fondo. The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that volunteers understand their roles, are good MCBC ambassadors, and have rewarding experiences. (25%)
- Assist in various fundraising and community outreach efforts, and other miscellaneous tasks, as needed, including greeting office visitors. (25%)
The Membership & Volunteer Coordinator will draw from a wide range of abilities. To succeed in this position, one must be:
- Fluent in the use of Salesforce
- Experienced with Click & Pledge, PayPal, EventBrite and other online payment/event platforms
- Well versed in the use of typical online and office software programs; social media experience a plus
- An effective writer
- Highly organized and a good self-manager
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and able to transition between tasks as priorities shift
- Passionate about making bicycling safe, convenient, and more enjoyable for people of all ages and abilities
- Hours & Setting: 40 per week, some evenings and weekends, mostly on-site at MCBC office
- Salary: Depending on experience, benefits included
To Apply for This Position
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Membership & Volunteer Coordinator – Your Full Name.”
Emails only – no phone calls please.
The Marin County Bicycle Coalition is a an equal opportunity employer.