news MMWD Repair Projects May Impact Access
Beginning this month, Marin Municipal Water District (MMWD) road repair projects will impact access for bikes on certain trails as they shore up and address slides and other unstable areas. All of these slides present safety risks to bike traffic as well as prevent the passage of firefighting equipment, so the MMWD so be working to complete repairs ASAP.
Alternate routes should be posted this month.
Concrete Pipe Road
- Two slides – one at ~0.5 mile south of Bolinas-Fairfax Road (CP-9 – above, top), the other ~1 mile south of Bolinas-Fairfax Road (CP-26 – above).
- MMWD’s 30-inch Concrete Pipe Road transmission pipeline is in the road and its stability is threatened by the slides.
- Work schedule: Work at CP-26 will run from August 1 – October 8. Work at CP-9 will run from October 8 – December 30.
Southern Marin Line Road (Crown Road)
- This road is located on Marin County Open Space lands; MMWD is coordinating with the County closely on this work.
- Two slides – One slide ~0.5 mile south of the end of Crown Road (SM-13 – above, top). The other ~600 feet south of the end of Crown Road (SM-3 – above).
- MMWD’s 24-inch Southern Marin transmission pipeline is in the road and its stability is threatened by the slides.
- Work schedule: Work at SM-13 will run from August 1 – October 8. Work at SM-3 will run from October 8 – December 30.
Phoenix Dam Road
- One slide – located on Phoenix Dam Road near the spillway.
- Work schedule: August 1 – December 1 (tentative dates – the project will not run this long).
If you notice issues or unmarked hazards after working hours, notify MMWD at their 24 hour reporting hotline – 415-945-1500
MMWD phone number during business hours – 415-945-1455
You can always report unsafe road or off-road conditions on the MCBC Report a Hazard page.