Plan Future Trails in North Marin Open Space RTMP Region 3 Workshop – Sunday, August 21 at 1 PM
Planning continues for the future of North Marin trails. Join us at the Region 3 Workshop on Sunday, August 21 from 1-3 PM at the College of Marin Indian Valley Campus, Room TBA (1800 Ignacio Blvd, Novato). The purpose of the workshop is to solicit input on formal road and trail designation in Region 3, which includes Indian Valley, Lucas Valley, Loma Verde, Pacheco Valle, and Ignacio Valley preserves.
At this Workshop, Staff will review the following:
- Potential trail designations
- The baseline scores and criteria that are part of the next phase of the public process, which will allow the public to suggest changes to the proposed designated trail system
- The proposal process, including the application form and timelines, and how this will be integrated into the Road and Trail Management Plan (RTMP) and yearly planning process.
Consistent with the Road and Trail Management Plan’s Policy SW.2: System Roads and Trails (page 4-14), the Marin County Open Space District (MCOSD) will designate a system of roads and trails in all existing and new open space preserves through a collaborative public process. Those roads and trails eligible for consideration as part of the system must have been constructed as of November 2011. The designation of a formal road and trail system is proceeding on a regional basis. For planning purposes, the RTMP divides the 34 preserves into six regions. Maps are posted to this page as they become available following public outreach in each region.
There are two types of system designation maps and these maps will be updated over time as implemented RTMP projects add to or alter the system, or allow for changes in the permitted uses of individual roads and trails.
- Maps showing the location and status of designated roads and trails
- Maps showing the permitted uses of the designated roads and trails.
WHAT: Region 3 Workshop
WHERE:Embassy Suites Hotel Ballroom – 101 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael – Please RSVP
WHEN: Sunday, August 21 from 1-3 PM