Free Workshop POSTPONED! Gain Skills at Tires & Tails Workshop on Saturday 2/18
POSTPONED, CHECK IN MARCH FOR NEW DATE!
Join MCBC and Presidio Riding Club (the amazing hosts for the MCBC Dirt Fondo) for Tires and Trails on Saturday February 18. This free workshop is open to anyone who wants to gain more appreciation for other trail users.
With any time on Marin’s shared trails, you’ll often encounter users on foot and astride horses. This day of mutual respect and trail education helps bikers, hikers and equestrians learn how to share trails safely with one another, while gaining an appreciation for how 50% of Marin’s landmass became parkland to be enjoyed by all.
- Horse psychology – how horses see and react to approaching objects
- How to safely pass each user and how to call out when approaching
- Lessons on basic trail etiquette
- History of land conservation and resource protection
As well as enjoying:
- Saddle time on a horse
- Interactive bike/horse exercises on the trail
- Horse desensitization to bikes
WHAT: Tires and Tails workshop
WHEN: Saturday, February 18 – from 9:00 AMm – 12:00 PM
WHERE: Presidio Riding Club Stables in Marin Headlands (901 Bunker Road – map below)
REGISTER: FREE to Attend! Click here to register
Lunch will be provided after the workshop courtesy of Marin County Bicycle Coalition. To allow us to get an accurate count, please take a moment now to register for this important workshop at Eventbrite.